Personal Data & Privacy Notice (PDPA)
Data & Privacy
FA Advisory Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as Uniplan Advisory Sdn. Bhd.)(“Company”) is committed to protecting the personal information provided by you, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), other related legislation, the Company’s and/or its Group’s own strict internal policy. This notice seeks to outline how the Company intend to deliver all the rights and protections that you are entitled to under the PDPA. This notice is provided in English and Bahasa Malaysia languages and should there be any conflict in meaning between the English and Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail. The Company may amend this notice at any time.
Processing of Your Personal Data
When you apply for, update, modify or renew a financial product or services through the Company, the personal information including policy information, account information, financial information and Sensitive Personal Data pertaining to you (“Personal Data”) will be collected, held on computer and/or in documents, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by the Company and its employees, representatives, reinsurers, service and product providers, and affiliates to facilitate the performance and administration of the Company’s function as a financial adviser and financial planner company.
Nature and Source of Personal Data
The Personal Data as provided by you in the Personal Financial Discovery Form and other forms may include but not limited to your name, copies and other details of identity documents, address, telephone number, email address, and other contact details, information concerning age, occupation, race, nationality, marital status, employment details, creditworthiness, physical or mental health or medical condition (“Sensitive Personal Data”).
The Company may also obtain your Personal Data from other sources, such as bureaus or agencies established or to be established by regulatory authorities, operators of registers or databases available to the insurance industry, government departments, agencies or authorities, any party who has, does or will provide products or services to you and to whom you have granted consent, our commercial partners, financial services intermediaries, reinsurers, third party administrators and/or service providers, your attending doctors, hospitals, clinics, other medical professionals, facilities or pharmacies, laboratories, your lawyers, agents, bankers, proposed assignees, group policy holders, benefit plan administrators and employer, or related persons or organizations where such information would be essential for the purposes stated herein.
Purpose of Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
The Personal Data you have provided to the Company together with other information the Company may obtain about you, will be collected, used and otherwise processed by the Company for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to carry out new or existing client verification;
- to better understand your financial situation, provide quotes, and implementing financial products and services;
- for detection and prevention of criminal activity or fraud in connection with a financial transaction;
- for investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to breach of confidential information, fraud, money
- laundering, terrorist financing and criminal activities generally;
- ongoing account administration and services in connection with your account, including the collection of amount due,
- enforcement of security, charge or other rights and interests;
- to manage and service the Company’s relationship with you and provide you with better customer service through marketing (including direct marketing) and promoting of other products and services by the Company and/or its Group;
- providing on the terms of any other agreements and services relating to you;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure;
- for data transfer, and sharing with, the Company and its Group and/or third parties acting on our behalf, including those located outside Malaysia;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws binding on and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities or court order with which the Company or any of its holding company, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives are expected to comply;
- recording in internal systems for internal reporting and reporting to any industry association, governing body or institute related to the business carried on by the Company;
- any other purpose relating to the execution of your instructions or in connection with the Company’s business or dealings;
- conducting market research and using such analysis for the Company’s business plans or the enhancement of the Company’s products and services;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- for the purpose of enforcing its legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services; and/or
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data as follows:-
- To your employer and its representatives, agents and affiliates (where for example, you are insured under a group insurance policy obtained through your employer);
- To our holding companies, subsidiaries, associated or related companies or their respective employees, professional advisors, agents or representatives;
- To third party product/service providers, suppliers and vendors who provides administrative, or other services/products to the Company and/or Group in connection with the Company’s business and/or as the Company may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- To comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and/or other legal requirements;
- To litigate, defend or respond accordingly to an actual or potential lawsuit or queries involving regulatory and non-regulatory bodies; and
- To generally protect the rights and property of the Company and to ensure the technical competence and functioning of our systems.
- Data Transfer and Sharing
- Where the Company considers it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or human resource management, the Company may transfer your Personal Data to another member of the Group of third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Choices for Personal Data and Impact resulting from failure to supply information
You may choose whether or not to provide your Personal Data to the Company. If you choose not to do so, the Company may be unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested. Hence, it is obligatory for you to provide the Company with your Personal Data when you choose to apply for financial services and/or products with the Company.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data held by the Company subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions, upon payment of a prescribed fee and a reasonable time period. You also have the right to request in writing for the Company to limit the processing your Personal Data including for direct marketing purposes. However, before allowing such access or making such changes, we may request verification of your identity or other details to help us address your request appropriately. Any enquiry or complaints or written request for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of Personal Data, or to limit the processing of your Personal Data handled by the Company should be directed to:
FA Advisory Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 29-6, Level 29,
Menara 1 Mont’ Kiara,
1 Jalan Kiara, Mont’ Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel No.: 03-6211 4011
Fax No.: 03-6211 4031
Email : email@example.com
Information About Another Person
When you give the Company information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and to receive on their behalf, any data privacy notices.
Please click here for the Bahasa Malaysia version.